Thanks to Murray (MUZ)

With Thanks to Muz, Without Whom This Would Not Be Here

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

New Triple Clamp

In an earlier post I stated that the top yoke or triple clamp had cracks in it.You can see the crack at the upper side of the triple clamp. There is a crack in the same position on the other side. I have no idea how they got there. I can imagine someone doing one side up too tight, but after cracking it I can't see why they would overtighten the other side. One of the mysteries of motorcycling I suppose.

This came in the mail today.
Brand new old stock, still in the original bag. After fitting this I only have to get the flasher can (on order) and then it's basically roadworthy. I don't want to ride it too much until I get baffles for the exhaust. Unless the bike has been rejetted which I doubt, there is a good chance of it running too lean and damaging the engine. The fuel tap is still leaking. The 'O' ring on the vacuum diaphragm needs replacing however when you get a rebuild kit they don't include the 'O' ring. Seems stupid to me but that's how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment